Accurate milling begins with a quality 3D design model created in Business Center – HCE. The 3D design is loaded onto the control box and displayed to the machine operator showing areas that are on, above, or below ideal grade. Comparing the actual drum position and slope with the digital design, the system automatically guides the milling drum to cut the ideal depth and slope without stringlines or manual adjustments.
Using GCS900 on your milling machine provides several benefits:
- Smoother base – mill out the existing undulations, creating a smoother surface for paving
- Shorter lane shutdowns – trucks can run more efficiently unhindered by stringline and stakes
- Reduced machine wear – by only milling to the depth required, the machines will burn less fuel and experience less teeth wear
- Less material to remove – fewer trucks and cost required to remove waste material
- Less asphalt usage – mill off the minimum depth and use less asphalt for the final surface